Celestial Garden is an interactive installation where participants engage with inflated teardrop forms in real-time. Each nylon pendant is equipped with both sound and light that respond directly to the participants’ touch—creating a unique audiovisual soundscape.
At the dimly lit back end of Flag Hall, sixteen eight-foot teardrop forms hang from black metal trusses. Visitors can enter the installation from all sides and interact with the forms by gently pushing the outer surface to create a swinging motion. Each individual form reacts in real-time to the movements created by the participant: Lights within each form change color and dance with each interaction while the speaker simultaneously delivers a rippling mixture of layered sound.
- Thomas Tucker (Co-Art Director, Form Designer, and Fabricator)
- David Franusich, (Co-Art Director, Interaction Designer and Programmer)
- Tanner Upthegrove (Sound Designer)
- Charlie Duff (ICAT Graduate Assistant)
- Matthew Swarts (Electronics Designer)
- Rodney Kimbangu (Docent)
- Tianyu Ge (Graduate Assistant)